Ontario OH&S Act & Regulations - Consolidated Edition 2020 - Print + ProView
Table of contents
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
This handy and portable book is suitable for carrying with you or posting on bulletin boards and can help employers meet their obligation to post a copy of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) in the workplace. Also known as the Green Book, it contains the complete and current Ontario OHSA and regulations and includes drilled holes for easy posting.
This publication also features a comprehensive index with page references, a detailed Table of Contents and a list of OH&S information resources. This makes it ideal for quick and precise referencing when and where you need it. It is ideal for use in all organizations in Ontario governed by the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
This book is also available through your web browser or can be downloaded to your desktop or tablet using our ProView platform.
It is also available in French Loi et règlements sur la santé et la sécurité au travail en Ontario 2020 Édition consolidée.
The 2020 Edition of the Pocket Ontario OH&S Act & Regulations reflects all amendments gazetted up to January 4, 2020.What's New for the 2020 Edition:
- Industrial Establishments Regulation as of July 1, 2019, several amendments were made to R.R.O., Reg. 851, with respect to the use of alternative procedures, the use of personal flotation devices and the use of antidotes, flushing fluids or washes in the case of eye injuries. Changes were also made in relation to offshore oil and gas installations.
- Control of Exposure to Biological or Chemical Agents and Designated Substances as of January 1, 2020, Regulations 833 and 490/09 were amended to introduce a new consolidated Medical Surveillance Code for designated substances, a new provision for measuring airborne substances for respiratory protection and a new method for calculating exposures to hazardous substances for irregular work shifts.
- Mines and Mining Plants as of July 1, 2019, numerous changes were made with respect to mines and mining plants under R.R.O., Reg. 854.
- Temporary Stairs in Construction Projects as of January 1, 2020, changes were made to clarify requirements for temporary stairs in construction projects under O. Reg. 213/91.
- Working at Heights Training and Construction Projects in Automotive Plants as of July 1, 2019, O. Regs. 297/13 and 213/91 were amended respectively in relation to working at heights training and construction projects in automotive plants.
- Offshore Oil and Gas as of July 1, 2019, several amendments were made to R.R.O., Reg. 855 with respect to life jackets and specific electrical equipment on offshore oil and gas installations.
- Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development the Ontario Government has changed the name of the former Ministry of Labour (MOL) to reflect its expanded mandate.
- Online Certification Training in mid-2019, the MOL announced that it would permit online training for Joint Health and Safety Certification, Part 1.
- WHMIS 2015 O. Reg. 3/19, amending R.R.O., Reg. 860, with respect to WHMIS 1988 supplier labels, in force January 21, 2019.
- Asbestos in Construction Projects, Buildings and Repair Operations O. Reg. 450/19, amending O. Reg. 278/05, with respect to frequency of medical examinations, in force January 1, 2020.
The Commentary has been updated and enhanced for the 2020 Edition, including a revised Regulatory Update and Compliance Section, OH&S Workplace Inspection Initiatives and Reports, Ticketable Offences and Set Fines, Accident/Incident Reporting, Effective Workplace Inspections, Emergency Procedures, Posting Requirements, Due Diligence Checklist, OH&S Organizations and Resources. The Index and the Table of Contents have been updated and revised.
- Practice Area:
- Human Resources
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications