Ontario Workplace Safety and Insurance Act: Quick Reference - 2021 Edition
Table of contents
Table of content not available at this time
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
Ontarios Workplace Safety and Insurance Act (WSIA) governs the administration of the province's workplace insurance regime, including revenue generation through fees and levies on registered firms and claims administration for injured workers.
The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) is perhaps second only to the federal income tax administration in terms of its impact on individual businesses and organizations. Understanding the WSIB employer requirements is vital to cost-control and effective employee management.
Ontario Workplace Safety and Insurance Act: Quick Reference 2021 Edition outlines key employer requirements, including registration, fees and levies, accident reporting and claims administration, and return to work/accommodation requirements.
This portable, concise guide also contains the full text of the Act and Regulations and a helpful index to the full contents of the guide for your convenience.
The 2021 edition features the following additions, as well as highlights of statutory or jurisprudential developments:
- Overview of the boards policy agenda for 2019 and its strategic plan for 2019-2021
- Updates on the board's ongoing policy projects
- New and updated discussions of chronic and traumatic mental stress, coverage of medical cannabis, and other topics
- Expanded and updated coverage of the Boards New Rate Framework, which comes into effect on January 1, 2020, and the effects that it will have on employer classification under the Act
- Highlights of the relevant statutory developments
- Practice Area:
- Health & environmental
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications