Watson & McGowan's Ontario Civil Practice 2021 + CD-ROM
Table of contents
Table of content not available at this time
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
Founding Authors: Garry D. Watson, Q.C. and Michael McGowan
Watson & McGowan's Ontario Civil Practice 2021 features expert commentary on how the rules of civil procedure are interpreted and applied in specific situations.
This reference set contains:
This reference set contains:
- The indispensable Annual Survey of Recent Developments in Civil Litigation. It includes commentary on recent SCC jurisprudence.
- Thousands of case annotations
- All Ontario court forms as Word documents on CD-ROM
- Full text of the Rules of Civil Procedure, the Courts of Justice Act and related legislation, practice directions, Case Management Rules, and annotations in a bound hardcover
New and Updated in this Edition
- Legislation is current to Ontario Gazette 152:23 (June 6, 2020)
- Recent amendments to the Rules of Civil Procedure (O. Reg. 344/19; O. Reg.455/19; O. Reg.456/19; CTR 12 FEB 20-4); to the Family Law Rules (O. Reg. 93/19 and O. Reg. 250/19); Rules of the Small Claims Court (O. Reg. 343/19; CTR 12 FE 20-4); and to Court of Justice Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.C.43 (S.O. 2019 c. 7 sched. 15, ss. 1, 2 and S.O. 2020, c.7 Sched. 4, s. 10).
- Updated forms for the Rules of Civil Procedure, and the Family Law Rules
- New Annual Survey of Recent Developments in Civil Procedure
- All commentary, case law, the Procedural Charts, and rule highlights have been updated to take into account legislative amendments, changes and additions to Practice Directions, Guidelines and Practice Advisories, and recent case law.
Over 250 new case digests of decisions made since the last edition. Case Law Developments include:
- Ero-Oriri and Sidney v. Dr. Sasha Green, 2020 ONSC 2254 (Master) Considers the effect of suspension of court deadlines during the emergency
- 4352238 Canada Inc. v. SNC-Lavelin Group Inc., 2020 ONCA 303 (C.A.) and Carleton Condominium Corporation No. 476 v. Wong, 2020 ONCA 244 (C.A.) These cases review whether the Court of Appeal should conduct hearings in writing
- Arconti v. Smith, 2020 ONSC 2782 (S.C.J.)).- Considers if the court should require an out-of-court examination to be conducted by videoconference rather than in person
- Class Proceedings Act Certification Motions LOratoire Saint-Joseph du Mont-Royal v. J.J., 2019 SCC 35 - Authorization of Quebec class action asserting claims of child sexual abuse by members of a religious community.
- Rule 6.01 Consolidation or Hearing Together Heliptrope v. 1324789 Ontario Inc., 2020 ONSC 808 - Court refused to consolidate several debt enforcement actions which were capable of summary determination.
- Rule 15.04 Removal of Lawyer of Record Cengic v. Castro, 2020 ONSC 986 (S.C.J.) - Where a lawyers motion materials did not comply with rule 15.04(1.2) (Requirements Respecting Privileged, Prejudicial Information) the court ordered materials in the court file to be replaced with redacted copies
- Rule 20.04 Granting Summary Judgment Demetriou v. AIG Insurance Company of Canada, 2019 ONCA 855 (C.A.) - Summary judgment should not be granted where the action depends on credibility issues.
Standing order subscribers are entitled to receive the Practice Advisor, a biweekly email designed to keep you up-to-date on legislative and case law changes, at no extra charge, upon request.
The ProView eBook version is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Practice Area:
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications