This is a practical and detailed guide to taking a case to the European Court of Human Rights. The new 5th edition explains the principles of the European Convention, and sets out its key provisions, case law, court procedures and considerations for each type of case, ensuring practitioners have everything they need for practising in the Court.
- Explains step-by-step the what, when, how and why of introducing applications to the European Court
- Gives a full explanation of the Convention's principles and approach
- Contains detailed summaries of relevant case law and their implications
- Advises on dealing with a range of problem areas
- Highlights the remedies and damages that can be expected in a detailed section dealing with just satisfaction awards
- Includes a helpful checklist on the admissibility of cases so that practitioners can establish the likely outcome of their case
- Fully updated covering both the key procedural matters and points of principle established in recent case law
- Reproduces a selection of source material, including practice directions, precedent application forms and tables of fees and damages awards
* Prices subject to change without notice. Supplements may be billed separately. For more information, please call Customer Relations at 416-609-3800 (TORONTO & INTERNATIONAL Customers) / 1-800-387-5164 (Canadian and US Customers).