Goff & Jones: The Law of Unjust Enrichment, 9th Edition (Formerly The Law of Restitution)
Goff & Jones: The Law of Unjust Enrichment
is the most eminent and authoritative text on the theory and practical application of the law of unjust enrichment. It examines the underlying principles of unjust enrichment and explains the various ways a right to restitution can arise as a response to claims in unjust enrichment.
The new edition has been thoroughly reorganised and substantially rewritten by an esteemed new author team (following the retirement of Gareth Jones) to bring the law of unjust enrichment fully up to date.
- Covers the principal ingredients of a claim in unjust enrichment - that the claimant has been enriched, at the claimant's expense, in circumstances that the law deems unjust
- Covers defences to claims in unjust enrichment
- Covers the subsidiarity of claims in unjust enrichment to other parts of the law such as legislation and contracts that generate justifying grounds for a defendant's enrichment
- Covers personal and proprietary remedies for successful claimants
- Shows how the principles have been applied by the courts through detailed analysis of case law
- Considers the implications of recent case law, including important House of Lords, Supreme Court, and Court of Appeal decisions since the previous edition
- Discusses the academic literature which has become increasingly influential in this area
- Provides authoritative guidance frequently cited in court
* Prices subject to change without notice. Supplements may be billed separately. For more information, please call Customer Relations at 416-609-3800 (TORONTO & INTERNATIONAL Customers) / 1-800-387-5164 (Canadian and US Customers).