Zander on PACE has been long established as the leading work in this important field.
The book ranges widely, including not only the 500 plus pages of Professor Zander’s authoritative commentary but the full text of the statute as repeatedly amended and of the PACE Codes of Practice. It covers equally the police powers of civilians under the Police Reform Act 2002. It deals with the related terrorism provisions and the terrorism Codes of Practice as well as the statute and case law on the right of silence.
The book draws on more than 900 judicial decisions. There is also, as in previous editions, a Q&A section giving quick answers on common practical problems.
Changes since the last edition include:
- Revision in 2017 of PACE Codes C, D, E;
- Revision in 2018 of Codes C, E, F and H;
- Dozens of new judicial decisions; and
- Significant new provisions regarding:
- The use of live link
- Pre-charge release of suspects on bail and without bail
- Safeguards for suspects being interviewed voluntarily both in the police station and elsewhere
- Audio and video recording of interviews
- Cross-border arrests
- Holding persons in police stations under the Mental Health Act
- The extension of almost all police powers to designated civilians
* Prices subject to change without notice. Supplements may be billed separately. For more information, please call Customer Relations at 416-609-3800 (TORONTO & INTERNATIONAL Customers) / 1-800-387-5164 (Canadian and US Customers).