A Practitioner's Guide to the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers in the only annual title to provide practical commentary and guidance on the work of the City of London's takeover watchdog.
Each edition is fully revised and updated to take into account any changes in the Code and their implications. This year's edition covers all of the latest consultations and responses, including changes made to the Code relating to the asset sales and statements of intention.
All developments are covered in detail in this comprehensive guide. Every chapter is authored by a leading expert to ensure that you are provided with the best commentary and advice.
This book remains essential reading for anyone involved with mergers and acquisitions activity.
The new edition:
- Covers the Takeover Panel’s role in administering the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers, with an introduction from the Director General of the Panel
- Examines and gives guidance on all the rules, explaining the responsibilities and actions of each party throughout the transaction
- Fully updated annually to include all the latest Code developments and consultations
- Discusses the rules surrounding the approach, announcements, and the provision of independent advice
- Explains the restrictions on dealings and requirements on disclosure
- Compares mandatory and voluntary offers
- Covers redemption or purchase by a company of its own securities
- Takes the reader through accepted conduct during an offer
- Considers the impact on takeovers of the regime to combat market abuse
- Written by a team including some of the City’s best known experts from Freshfields, Slaughter & May, Norton Rose Fulbright, Allen & Overy, Linklaters, Clifford Chance, PWC, and Herbert Smith Freehills
* Prices subject to change without notice. Supplements may be billed separately. For more information, please call Customer Relations at 416-609-3800 (TORONTO & INTERNATIONAL Customers) / 1-800-387-5164 (Canadian and US Customers).