The Law on Financial Derivatives offers you an extensive analysis and explanation of the legal and regulatory principles underlying over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives in the UK. Drawing together concepts from many areas of law – including contract, tort, trusts and private international law – it shows how they relate to the day-to-day practice of financial derivatives markets and the completion of standard market contracts. Whether you're looking for concise, to-the-point guidance on the basic issues of OTC derivatives, or a thorough, in-depth analysis of some of the more complex issues surrounding the industry, this title provides you with all the information you need to advise your clients confidently. This new edition covers all of the litigation which has arisen in the wake of the collapse of Lehman Brothers and the credit crunch; explains the proposals for the regulation of derivatives in the EU and in the USA; and provides a full analysis of the ISDA Master Agreement and the many recent cases which have cast doubt on its effectiveness.
- Provides an extensive analysis and explanation of the legal and regulatory aspects of over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives in the UK and in the EU
- Covers all the key aspects of derivative products such as creating and structuring derivatives contracts, interpreting and performing standard market agreements, effecting security and collateral arrangements, set-off and netting
- Considers the manner in which existing legal principles - such as contract, tort, trusts - relate to OTC derivatives transactions
- Analyses the new code for the taxation of derivatives in the UK
- Discusses conflict of laws issues
- Analyses the standard market documentation in depth
- Includes in-depth analysis of cases and regulatory changes
- Considers real-world problems faced by practitioners working in-house or in private practice, and suggests solutions
* Prices subject to change without notice. Supplements may be billed separately. For more information, please call Customer Relations at 416-609-3800 (TORONTO & INTERNATIONAL Customers) / 1-800-387-5164 (Canadian and US Customers).