The Federal Depreciation Handbook from Thomson Reuters provides expert guidance on tax depreciation and other cost recovery issues to help tax practitioners make tax-efficient decisions and elections when an asset is placed in service. The Handbook also explains how to structure business property transactions to optimize federal income tax results when performing general tax planning or transactional consulting services.
The Federal Depreciation Handbook is an all-in-one resource for quick reference and in-depth coverage of depreciation and other cost recovery tax issues. It features detailed tax compliance guidance and is updated annually for legislative, regulatory, judicial, and administrative changes in the tax law, rules, and forms.
New this year in the 2018 Handbook: coverage of depletion has been added to the Other Depreciation Methods chapter, and the status of relevant tax provisions that expired at the end of 2016 has been updated.
The Handbook provides the accurate answers you need quickly with:
- Guidance addressing frequently encountered and often challenging depreciation and cost recovery issues.
- Numerous quick-reference tables and charts providing easy access to key information, including easy-to-read depreciation tables for MACRS (with or without bonus depreciation), ADS, AMT, and ACRS.
- Real-life examples that illustrate how the tax rules apply and how to report depreciation-related items on a tax return.
- A 2017 Developments Summary section that summarizes significant tax law changes.
- References to relevant Internal Revenue Code sections, IRS regulations and rulings, as well as court cases.
- Coverage of property dispositions, including tricky tax rules for installment sales, like-kind exchanges, and depreciation recapture.
- Guidance on applying the “tangible property regulations,” which specify the allowable tax treatment of costs to acquire, repair, or improve tangible property
* Prices subject to change without notice. Supplements may be billed separately. For more information, please call Customer Relations at 416-609-3800 (TORONTO & INTERNATIONAL Customers) / 1-800-387-5164 (Canadian and US Customers).