A Practical Guide to Mortgage Remedies in Ontario
is a practical bound guidebook for students (clerks, paralegals, law students), law clerks, junior lawyers and mortgage brokers/agents that deals with mortgage remedies in Ontario. The book will start with an overview of a mortgage transaction in Ontario and then proceed to explain the various remedies available to the lender upon default of a mortgage including a comparative analysis of the various remedies. Useful precedents will be included to demonstrate how the various mortgage remedy options can be applied.
The Second Edition
has been updated to include even more helpful commentary on the Mortgages Act
and all aspects of mortgage remedies, as well as:
- New time-saving precedents.
- Convenient checklists for:
- Preliminary matters to consider before commencing a mortgage remedy;
- Entities to be served with a Notice of Sale
- Timing options – Notice of Sale and Statement of Claim
- Elaboration of the Mortgagor's Right of Redemption
- A reference to Canada Revenue Agency super priority claims
- A detailed explanation of the impact of residential tenancies on mortgage remedies with specific references to the Residential Tenancies Act.
- More real life scenarios throughout the book help to contextualize the points of law and illustrate how the various remedies are applied.