A key resource for an effective workplace health and safety program. This alphabetical guide provides both definitions and concrete examples to help you understand the complex terms and legal requirements of Ontario's health and safety legislation.
This supplemented publication offers you definitions and information on everything from accidents to X rays, including:
ABCs of OH&S
- Certification and other health and safety training
- Designated substances
- Fire and Building Code requirements
- Joint health and safety committee duties and responsibilities
- Personal protective equipment
- Regulations affecting the health care, construction, mining, and industrial sectors
compiles Occupational Health and Safety information from 20 Acts and more than 50 regulations into handy, concise sections for the busy manager or health and safety professional. Also included is the full text of the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act
Table of Contents
• User Guide • Purpose, Scope and Use • Impact of Federal Legislation on Ontario Workplaces • Occupational Health & Safety Legal Compliance Action Checklist • Legal Compliance Checklists - General, Due Diligence, Accident Investigation and Reporting • Key Word Index • Entries Relating to Specific Topics • Entries for Particular Jobs/Occupations • Entries Relating to Procedural Requirements • Entries Relating to Occupational Health Hazards • Dictionary Guide • Ontario OH&S Act
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is a professional grade platform that allows you to access your eBook(s) across a variety of browsers and devices.
Learn more at carswell.com/proview