Get expert insight on the rules of civil procedure in British Columbia with British Columbia Annual Practice 2019.
Relied on by a generation of lawyers and judges, British Columbia Annual Practice provides comprehensive, accurate, and highly credible expert insight on the Supreme Court Civil Rules.
Main Volume – Print
All needed practice tools are contained in one volume that includes:
- The Supreme Court Civil Rules and Supreme Court Family Rules, fully annotated with thousands of authors' personally selected cases (both reported and unreported)
- Court of Appeal Rules, Supreme Court Act and Court of Appeal Act also fully annotated with thousands of authors' personally selected cases (both reported and unreported)
- Also includes:
- Practice Directions/Directives and Notices to the Profession
- An in-depth procedural guide explaining the procedures associated with the Civil Rules
- Two way tables of concordance of the old and new Civil Rules and Family Rules
- A Short History of Rule-Making for Courts by Ken McEwan, Q.C.
- An introduction to the Family Rules by Dinyar Marzban, Q.C.
- Annotated costs appendices
- Regulations regarding Notices to Mediate
Forms and Small Claims Volume – Print
The Forms and Small Claims Volume contains:
- Forms that relate to Supreme Court Civil Rules, Supreme Court Family Rules Court of Appeal Rules, and Notice to Mediate Regulations
- Small Claims Act, Small Claims Rules, and Practice Directions
- The full text of 24 key statutes
New in this edition
Legislation has been updated to B.C. Reg. 99/2018 (May 18, 2018) and to Canada Gazette Vol. 152:10 (May 16, 2018).
A new act, The Insurance (Vehicle) Act, has been added in the forms volume.
Supreme Court Administrative Notices and Practice Directions have been added:
- AN-15 Administrative Notice – Emergency After-Hours Applications in Vancouver – Civil and Family
- FPD-14 Practice Direction – Adoption Applications
Court of Appeal Practice Directives have been updated or added:
- Consent Orders (February 28, 2018)
- Family Law Appeals (February 28, 2018)
- Record and Courtroom Access Policy (January 31, 2017)
New annotations and expanded commentary on cases personally selected and summarized by the authors, including:
- Supreme Court Act, s. 18/ Civil Rule 14-1 - Vexatious Proceedings - Gichuru v. Pallai, 2018 BCCA 78
- Civil Rule 1-2(2) Citation and Application - Application - R. v. Marakah, 2017 SCC 59 and Pintea v. Johns, 2017 SCC 23
- Civil Rule 9-5(1)(a) - Striking Pleadings - Scandalous Frivolous or Vexatious Matters - Levy v. British Columbia (Crime Victim Assistance Program), 2018 BCCA 36
- Civil Rule 9-7(11) - Summary Trial - Adjournment or Dismissal - Michael Wilson & Partners Ltd. v. Desirée Resources Inc. (2017), 2017 CarswellBC 945, 2017 BCCA 139
- Civil Rule 10-4 - Injunctions - Google Inc. v. Equustek Solutions Inc. (2017), 410 D.L.R. (4th) 625, 2017 SCC 34
- Civil Rule 12-5(3) Evidence and Procedure at Trial - Failure to Prove a Material Fact - Hansra v. Hansra, 2017 BCCA 199, and Tisalona v. Easton, 2017 BCCA 272
- Civil Rule 14-1 Costs - Smithies Holdings Inc. v. RCV Holdings Ltd. (2017), 410 D.L.R. (4th) 82, 2017 BCCA 177
- Civil Rule 14-1 Costs - Trenchard v. Westsea Construction Ltd., 2017 BCCA 352
- Civil Rule 14-1(9) - Costs - Costs to Follow Event - Kakavelakis v. Boutsakis, 2017 BCCA 396 and Tisalona v. Easton, 2017 BCCA 272
- Civil Rule 22-7(5) - Effect of Non-Compliance - Consequences of Certain Non-compliance - Kondori v. New Country Appliances Inc. (2017), 2017 BCCA 164
ProView eBook version is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your computer, tablet, or smartphone. See all available titles store.thomsonreuters.ca/ebook
The CD-ROM provides easy access to the fillable forms.
Customers on standing order subscription are entitled to receive FREE regular email updates containing major legislative amendments and other pertinent information, upon request.