A quick reference for all the law and policy you need – plus insightful commentary
This biannual publication includes all the law and policy you need to reference at a moment's notice – plus insightful commentary from corporate and securities law practitioners, Jeffrey A. Read and Michael T. Waters.
All the features B.C. securities law professionals have come to trust
- Full text of all the relevant law and policy
- Section-by-section case annotations – concise digests for over 100 Executive Director, Securities Commission and court decisions under the Act
- Practice Notes – help in clarifying the operation of the provision in question
- Detailed cross references to relevant policies and forms
- Easy-to-use finding tools – detailed Table of Contents, and a comprehensive Index give you instant access
- Portable softcover format – ideal for use in meetings, presentations, court, or on the go
New in this edition
- Securities Act, R.S.B.C. 1996, c. 418 – updated by S.B.C. 2018, c. 13
- Securities Regulation, B.C. Reg. 196/97 – updated by B.C. Reg 135/2018
- National Policy 45-106 (on or after January 1, 2011) – Prospectus Exemptions –updated
An issuer that has distributed a security of its own issue under any of the prospectus exemptions listed in section 6.1 of NI 45-106 is required to file a report of exempt distribution. Highlights of this updated National Policy include a new Form 45-106F1, Report of Exempt Distribution.