This unique publication combines analyses of hundreds of relevant decisions and key legislation, with annotated precedents and sample pleadings, practice management tips, and quick reference charts.A Practical Guide to Canadian Citizenship and Inadmissibility Law - Refugee Law Edition
is the only resource that provides focused guidance on this rapidly expanding area of Canadian citizenship and immigration inadmissibility law.
This unique publication by a leading immigration lawyer combines analyses of hundreds of relevant decisions and key legislation, with such practical features as annotated precedents and sample pleadings not found elsewhere, practice management tips, and quick reference charts for everyday use, in an easy-to-read format.
Topics discussed in this publication include:
- The history and evolution of inadmissibility law in Canada with various status holders orders under the IRPA
- Protected persons, criminality, and the inadmissibility process
- Criminal offences under the IRPA and the related scheme of detention and release under the Act
- The distinct treatment of judicial reviews and stays of removal
- Remedial avenues for refugee claimants, including humanitarian and compassionate applications and temporary resident permits