Available online in LabourSource
and in print, this widely recognized "bible" of labour arbitration in Canada, known as "Brown and Beatty", is synonymous with reliability. It offers a concise and comprehensive record and analysis of the whole body of arbitration developments in Canada over the past 40-plus years.
includes all of the analysis and endnotes for leading decisions as well as current decisions, so it can be easily carried to hearings. Volume 2
includes all of the historical endnotes, for more in-depth research.
Canadian Labour Arbitration
takes you step-by-step through the intricate workings of the labour arbitration system in Canada.
This invaluable resource:
- Highlights leading cases in bold
- Deals comprehensively with the application of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms as it applies to labour, both jurisdictionally and substantively
- Covers judicial review of labour arbitration decisions (and reversed decisions)
- Features updated case law, with new decisions appearing in bold type in the Table of Cases
- Provides detailed analysis of, and commentary on more case law than any other similar text
- Offers detailed cross-references to Labour Arbitration Cases
With their more than 55 years' combined experience in the field of labour arbitration law Donald J.M. Brown, Q.C.
and David M. Beatty
provide the authority, knowledge and experience you need to deal with even the toughest issues in this area. Joined by labour lawyer of 20 years, Christine Deacon
, who carefully assesses cases and produces the updates.