Approximately 550 pages
1 volume bound
Can We Help?
If you need assistance, please call us at (416) 609-3800 (Toronto & international) / 1-800-387-5164 (toll free Canada & US).
We will be glad to assist you.
Child Custody Assessments: A Resource Guide for Legal and Mental Health Professionals
This new publication deals with the practical aspects of child custody and access assessments in the context of the empirical and social science literature and the authors’ decades of collective practice experiences. Unique to Canada, this book reviews the role that custody assessors play in the judicial decision-making process and sets out best practices, along with the most relevant social science literature and applicable case law, in an effort to help mental health and family law professionals. Topics covered include:
• The evolution of custody law,
• the methodology and process in child custody assessments,
• a deconstruction of clinical assessments,
• post-assessment activities, critiques, second opinions and testifying at trial,
• Formulating parenting plans, and
• Sole, joint and parallel parenting in the literature and in the courts
This comprehensive work is intended to be an invaluable resource to not only novice professionals but to seasoned practitioners as well.
About the Author