Updated annually, Consolidated Alberta Family Law Statutes 2018 is a complete and handy desktop and courtroom resource for all family law practitioners in Alberta.
Consulting Editor: Laurie Allen
Consolidated Alberta Family Law Statutes 2018 contains the text of Alberta and Federal legislation and rules that form the basis of family law in the province. It includes the full text of the principle provincial family law legislation, updated with complete amending information, together with selected federal legislation. Updated annually, Consolidated Alberta Family Law Statutes 2018 is a complete and handy desktop and courtroom resource for all family law practitioners in Alberta.
The work includes relevant provisions of the following:
- Family Law Act, and Alberta Child Support Guidelines and other Regulations
- Child Youth and Family Enhancement Act and Regulations
- Canada's Divorce Act and Federal Child Support Guidelines
- Maintenance Enforcement Act
- Protection against Family Violence Act and Regulation
- Marriage Act
- Marriage (Prohibited Degrees) Act
- Married Women's Act
- Adult Interdependent Relationships Act and Regulation
- Dower Act
- Employment Pension Plans Act
- Pension Benefits Standards Act,1985
- Public Sector Pension Plans Act and Regulations
- Extra-Provincial Enforcement of Custody Orders Act
- Interjurisdictional Support Orders Act and Regulation
- International Child Abduction Act
- Matrimonial Property Act
- Law of Property Act
- Alberta Divorce Rules (from the Alberta Rules of Court)
- Provincial Court Act
- Court Rules and Forms Regulation
- Alberta Evidence Act
- Vital Statistics Act
Equally important, this consolidation contains an extensive list of practice directions and notices that every family practitioner should be aware of.
New in this edition
- Federal Child Support Guidelines, SOR/97-175: This edition includes updates to the Federal Child Support Guidelines. The updated Federal Child Support Tables came into effect in November 2017.
- Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act, R.S.A. 2000, c. C-12: Amended by R.S.A 2017, c. 22, s. 10.
- Child Support Recalculation Program Regulation, Alta. Reg. 287/2009: Amended by Alta. Reg. 111/2017.