The latest developments in the Insurance Companies Act at your fingertips
The rules and policies by which Canadian insurance companies are regulated are extensive and continually changing. It is therefore important to be able to find and navigate through all of the current sources of regulation. The Consolidated Insurance Companies Act of Canada, Regulations and Guidelines allows you to do just that and with the confidence that you have the latest developments at your fingertips.
This affordable handbook serves as the perfect reference to the relevant rules and policies. It is a complete portable reference source for the federal legislation and regulations governing insurers and for the administrative guidelines that supplement the regulatory regime. Each section of the Insurance Companies Act is cross-referenced to other relevant sections of the Act, as well as to any related regulations and any related guidelines issued by the Superintendent of Financial Institutions and designated as Guidelines, Instructions, Instruction Guides, Advisories, Fee Schedules, Forms, or Rulings. It also includes the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Act and the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada Act and the parts of the regulations under those Acts that affect insurers. An extensive index makes for easy access by subject to all of the documents that are included, in their full text, in the book.
New in this edition
- Insurance Companies Act, S.C. 1991, c. 47; amended by 2018, c. 12
- Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Act, R.S.C. 1985, c. 18 (3rd Supp.), Pt. I; amended by 2018, c. 12
- Mortgage Insurer Capital Adequacy Test, Guideline A
- Corporate Governance Guideline
- Life Insurance Capital Adequacy Test (LICAT) Public Disclosure Requirements
- Life Insurance Capital Adequacy Test, Guideline A
- Minimum Capital Test (MCT) for Federally Regulated Property and Casualty Insurance Companies, Guideline A
- Residential Mortgage Insurance Underwriting Practices and Procedures, Guideline B-20
ProView eBook version is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your computer, tablet, or smartphone. See all available titles store.thomsonreuters.ca/ebook