An in-depth study of the principles of law applicable to the remedy of damages for breach of contract including compensation for pecuniary and non-pecuniary loss, measuring damages, pre-judgment interest, taxation and damages.
This manual, designed for working practitioners, thoroughly examines the principles of law applicable to the remedy of damages for breach of contract. The authors take the reader through every step in the process, clearly setting out the various types of damages, including liquidated damages, punitive damages, damages for mental distress, aggravated damages, and nominal damages. The service also provides updated precedents for the most common claims as well as quantum tables, organized by contract type, which serve as a quick and easy reference tool. Individual chapters cover the following areas: compensation for pecuniary loss; measuring damages; loss of chance; compensation for non-pecuniary loss; nominal damages; liquidated damages; remoteness of damages; mitigation of damages; class actions for damages for breach of contract; contributory fault; inflation; date of assessment of damages; prejudgment interest; conversion of foreign currency claims; taxation and damages; practice and procedure.Get FREE eBook access with your looseleaf subscription(s)
This title has become a part of Thomson Reuters ProView™, which means you'll have eBook access to all the content as part of your looseleaf print subscription.
About Thomson Reuters ProView™
Not just any eReader, Thomson Reuters ProView is a free, professional-grade platform that gives you the freedom to work however, whenever, and wherever you want, with access to your Thomson Reuters eBooks online and offline.
With our ProView eBooks, you can:
- Access your eBook content through your choice of iPad, Android tablet, desktop app (Windows and Mac), or web login*
- Provide eBook access for an unlimited number of users at the same location, with your looseleaf subscription(s)
- Enjoy automatically integrated product updates, with your looseleaf subscription(s)
- Access your entire ProView library with one username and password
- Create a PDF that you can save, print, add your notes, and share
- Link out to full-text cases in WestlawNext® Canada or in Taxnet Pro® (available with subscriptions to WestlawNext Canada or Taxnet Pro)
- Register up to four different devices to your ProView account to access your library
- Sync all your notes, highlights and bookmarks, across all devices you registered with your ProView account
- Automatically transfer all of your notes, highlights and bookmarks, to updated editions and contents
For the entire range of titles offered as Thomson Reuters ProView eBooks, or for more information on Thomson Reuters ProView:
*Certain features and functionalities may not be available to ProView users accessing looseleaf eBooks in an IP authentication environment.
iPad and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corp.