This fifth edition of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act and Regulations
– now designated as Federal Police Law 2010
– has been entirely revised and updated throughout to reflect the law as of October 1st, 2009. It reflects revised Commissioner's Standing Orders and is updated to incorporate significant judicial decisions in the past three years, including those concerning the appropriate standard of review of administrative decisions.
As in the previous editions, Federal Police Law 2010
– which will be published annually – still has three sections. The first section deals with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act
while the second one deals with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Regulations, 1988
. These sections incorporate annotations – with a succinct summary of the regulatory instruments and all the relevant case law from 1952 to 2009 – directly under the relevant legislative or regulatory provisions. The annotations are completed with the legislative history of each section.
The third part consists of the actual and full text of all the Commissioner's Standing Orders and other regulatory instruments pertaining to the Act. It still incorporates all the definitions pertaining to the Act and Regulations, an exhaustive list of addresses and phone numbers of all RCMP detachments, a table of cases and a subject index.
See also: Droit policier fédéral 2010
OVERVIEW OF THE CONTENTS
Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act
Royal Canadian Mounted Police Regulations, 1988
- Commissioner's Standing Orders
- Other Regulatory Instruments concerning the RCMP
- Regulatory Instruments concerning the RCMP External Review Committee
- Regulatory Instruments concerning Public
- Complaints and the RCMP Public Complaints Commission
- Fees Regulations
Table of Cases
- Detachments of the RCMP
- Degrees of Jurisdiction of Canadian Courts