Here's your one-stop source for a clear and complete understanding of the principles of Canadian fiduciary law.
It is organized around the general principles of fiduciary law providing a full analysis of when fiduciary duties will arise, and what kinds of duties will apply in specific contexts.
Integrating relevant cases with thorough commentary, you'll be able to:
- Grasp the nature of the duty of faithfulness
- Discover established classes of relationships in which fiduciary duties arise, such as doctor/patient, solicitor/client and parent/child
- Deal with recent changes and prepare for new developments in the law
- Proactively identify potential fiduciary relationships and attendant duties
- Understand the various standards of faithfulness and loyalty which the courts have imposed
- Use the remedies available to rights-holders in the event of disloyal or unfaithful misconduct
As part of the eReference Library, this product is available in digital format through a web browser or can be downloaded to a desktop, laptop, iPad or Android tablet. Learn more.