A definite "must-have" for any law office, this practical manual has proven invaluable to practitioners, law students and legal support staff for over 25 years. With comprehensive coverage spanning all proceedings before the British Columbia Supreme Court, this service provides detailed procedures, annotated forms, sample letters, helpful practice hints, and descriptions of pitfalls to avoid.
The Guide to Civil Litigation - British Columbia Edition
is available as a subscription service
(for an additional subscription fee) with three updating releases per year - to ensure optimal currency, accuracy and relevancy of this service to accord with the changes in the practice and procedure of civil litigation in British Columbia.
Written in clear plain language and organized for efficient daily reference, this how-to manual provides access to the following:
- Fully updated to reflect the forms and provisions of the new rules, now in force
- Flow of a Case –a broad-view perspective of the litigation process, covering events from the initial meeting with a client through judgment
- Documents – from issuance of the Notice of Civil Claim to trial/offer to settle, over 100 forms and documents, each accompanied by annotations explaining how to prepare each document and what to do with it, once prepared
- Operating Procedures – step-by-step practical instructions concerning various procedures, including the arrangement of examinations for discovery, chamber hearings and trial dates; the preparation of trial records; the amendment of documents; and execution
- Letters – a wide variety of sample letters to clients, other lawyers, court officials, companies, doctors, hospitals, employers and government agencies
- Other Helpful Information – interest-calculation tables, fees, costs, law society and search information, and a glossary of terminology
- Precedents on Disc – a CD-ROM featuring every form in fillable format, and updated with every release.