Editor: Don Buchanan
This handy up-to-date in-the-field reference contains the full text of Part 3 of the Workers Compensation Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation plus six interpretive chapters. Durable, light-weight, practical – it's a perfect fit in your glove box, at the office or on any worksite. It is a great safety tool for supervisors, workers and safety leaders. It helps with worker training and increases worker and supervisor awareness of their responsibilities under workplace safety law. The 2017 edition of the BC HANDI-GUIDE includes updated commentary and content related to a wide range of important regulatory amendments.
- Updated OHS Regulation and Part 3 (OHS) of the Workers Compensation Act.
- A summary listing of more than a dozen changes to key Parts of the OHS Regulation, including key amendments to help prevent worker exposure to e-cigarette vapour, respirable crystalline silica, asbestos and lead.
- The new Lower Maximum Administrative Penalties Regulation (LMAPR) in force under the Act.
- Updates to the chapter listing important B.C. OH&S websites/resources and tips on navigating the updated WorkSafeBC website, plus others across Canada.
- Key changes relating to Joint Health and Safety Committees and worker health and safety representatives.
- Latest amendments to the Act relating to employer incident investigations, including requirements relating to investigation reports and reporting workplace fires and explosions as serious incidents.
- Updated OHS Penalty Policies and amounts.
- Other key OH&S measures, such as compliance agreements and stop work orders, the Partners Program, WorkSafeBC’s High Risk Strategies, updated TLVs/OELs and multiple new guidelines that support compliance with the OHS Regulation and the Act.
- Updates regarding the implementation of WHMIS 2015 in British Columbia.
For employers and workers, it pays to keep in-the-know about regulatory change, from year to year. The BC HANDI-GUIDE helps inform you and contributes to a positive workplace health and safety culture in your organization. Keep a copy of the HANDI-GUIDE on your desk, in your truck and at other workplace locations so that employees and supervisors will have fast access to a handy, up-to-date reference.
Work safe and be informed, with the 2017 BC HANDI-GUIDE!
Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is a professional grade eBook platform that gives you the freedom to work however, whenever and wherever you want. Now you can access HANDI-GUIDE to British Columbia's OHS Regulation - 2017 Edition from our iPad, Android or desktop apps or directly from your web browser.*
*Thomson Reuters ProView is not applicable to bookstores, academic institutions, and students. iPad is a trademark of Apple, Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Visit www.carswell.com/proview for more information.