Find everything you need to understand and manage this growing workplace problem. Explaining not only the codified rights set out in the human rights legislation but also the newly non-codified rights such as bullying and lack of dignity, this indispensable text explains exactly what constitutes harassment under the law and what to do when such a situation arises.
Inside find clear, practical advice on:
- What workplace harassment is - including the different types and elements
- Harassment which violates human rights legislation - as well as the liabilities of employers, managers, supervisors and directors
- Harassment by supervisors - including case studies and fact patterns
- Bullying in the workplace - how it can be monitored and controlled
- Harassment as a health and safety issue - the obligation of the company
- How to set up preventive policies and procedures
- How to conduct education and training
- How to handle complaints, conduct investigations and utilize available remedies, starting today
This resource clearly explains all the many legal forms of workplace harassment, providing the guidance necessary to avoid a work environment that contains behaviours that could be grounds for a lawsuit.