Available online in EmploymentSource
this text is designed to help you understand the legal risks and to find the practical solutions for managing workplace illness and disability effectively, ethically and legally.
Gain valuable insight from expert commentary on:
- Common law concepts and lawsuits, including frustration of the employment relationship caused by illness/disability and the law surrounding the deduction of disability benefits from severance awards
- Collective bargaining regimes and their arbitration remedies
- Discrimination against the disabled
- Human rights protection for employees and potential employees
- Public and private insurance arrangements
- The various forms of long- and short-term disability insurance
This resource also features a wealth of case law, arbitral decisions, precedent letters and pleadings, sample collective agreement clauses and a table of statutes organized by jurisdiction.
Thomson Reuters ProView™
The eBook version of this publication is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your desktop or laptop (Windows and Mac), iPad, or Android tablet.
to learn more and to see the complete collection of ProView ebooks.