With energy disputes now compromising some 40 per cent of all international commercial arbitrations, International Energy Arbitration
offers a complete guide to the subject for arbitration practitioners and in-house counsel. It takes a sector-by-sector approach, examining arbitration processes across the entire industry, from oil and gas to renewable energies such as wind and geothermal.
The book examines in detail the legal framework surrounding energy disputes. It also sets out case studies of real disputes, providing valuable insight into the practical and legal issues that exist in complex international energy disputes.
- Reviews the historical development of the energy arbitration sector
- Provides a detailed examination of the legal framework surrounding international energy arbitration
- Offers practical procedural advice from experienced energy arbitrators
- Examines different types of energy arbitration sector by sector
- Looks at upstream, midstream, downstream and unconventional oil and gas disputes
- Covers disputes in all areas of the electricity sector - hydrocarbons, nuclear and renewable
- Discusses key cases in a range of energy arbitration disputes
- Contains relevant legislation for easy reference