The Honourable Mr. Justice Randall Scott Echlin, Superior Court of Justice (Ontario) and Matthew L.O. Certosimo
Turn to this work when you need to assess whether marginal behaviour merits the severity of the impact of alleging just cause. This resource sets out the principles and legal concepts within each head of cause, the relevant case law and bullet-point summaries of factors considered by most courts.
- General principles – governing concepts such as "just cause", after-acquired cause, condonation and the probationary employee
- Grounds – from neglect of duty to incompetence and disobedience
- Unique and statutory regimes – covering provincial employment standards in Canada, the Canada Labour Code, unjust dismissal and employment insurance
- The unionized workplace – arbitral jurisprudence, from performance to insubordination
- Practice – including civil litigation, trials and appeals
Gain instant access to:
- An exhaustive list of case citations
- Overviews and case analysis
- Helpful commentary on virtually every Canadian judgment respecting just cause
This work is regularly cited as an authority.
Thomson Reuters ProView™
The eBook version of this publication is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your desktop or laptop (Windows and Mac), iPad, or Android tablet.
to learn more and to see the complete collection of ProView.