Approximately 500 pages
1 volume bound
Can We Help?
If you need assistance, please call us at (416) 609-3800 (Toronto & international) / 1-800-387-5164 (toll free Canada & US).
We will be glad to assist you.
Motor Carrier Cargo Claims, Fifth Edition
Motor Carrier Cargo Claims remains the only Canadian publication dealing exclusively with a motor carrier’s liability for cargo damage or loss during the various stages of commercial transportation of goods by highway.
The new fifth edition contains major revisions and analyses of the following:
• The consequences of amendments to the Motor Vehicle Transport Act, 1987, R. S., 1985, c. 29 (3rd Supp.), which were proclaimed in force on January 1, 2006
• The deregulated environment in Ontario since the repeal of the Truck Transportation Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. T.22, effective January 1, 2006
• Leading cases on load broker regulations such as Nolar Industries Ltd. v. Freight Transportation Assoc., 2006 CarswellOnt 3242 (Ont. S.C.J.)
• Leading cases on the consequence of non-compliance with regulation such as Beaulieu v. Day & Ross Inc., 2005 CarswellNB 98,2005 (N.B.C.A.)
• Leading cases on the establishment of industry practice and custom such as Valmet Paper Machinery Inc. v. Hapag-Lloyd AG, 2004 CarswellBC 2916 (B.C.C.A.) and Alcoa Inc. v. CP Ships (UK) Ltd., 2006 CarswellOnt 6169 (Ont. S.C.J.)
• Leading damage to cargo cases such as Elders Grain Co. v. "M/V Ralph Misener" (The), 2005 CarswellNat 1097 (F.C.A.)
• An analysis of the apportionment of loss provisions in Ont. Reg. 643/05 (Carriage of Goods)
Plus, the 5th edition has all the features you expect from previous editions, including solutions to common problems in transportation law, a comprehensive analysis of the legal relationship among shippers, carriers, connecting carriers and consignees; citations for all relevant reported and unreported case law; and specific guidance to help transportation lawyers prepare for litigation.