Gain a solid understanding of the rules of civil procedure in Ontario
The Ontario Annual Practice 2018-2019 contains the latest developments in legislation, jurisprudence, and authoritative author analysis to guide you on the rules of civil procedure, the rules of court, and statutory tribunals.
Thomson Reuters ProView® eBook version of Ontario Annual Practice 2018-2019 gives you the freedom and flexibility to work wherever and whenever you want.
e-Notes As a subscription customer, you are entitled to receive FREE legislative amendments and other pertinent information by email, as it becomes available. This also includes monthly electronic supplements containing current case annotations with links to the full-text judgment.
New in this edition
Legislation current to Ontario Gazette Vol. 151:13 (March 31, 2018).
- Amendments to the Rules of Civil Procedure include:
- O. Reg. 203/17
- O. Reg. 584/17
- Amendments to the Family Law Rules include:
- Amendments to the Small Claims Court Rules include:
- Amendments to the Courts of Justice Act include:
- 2017, c. 14, Sched. 4, s. 10
- 2017, c. 20, Sched. 2, ss. 3-6, Sched. 11, s. 7
- 2017, c. 24, s. 75
- 2017, c. 34, Sched. 46, s. 10.
Amendments to Practice Directions
New and Updated Practice Directions for the Ontario Superior Court of Justice were added:
- Practice Advisory Concerning Long Motions in the City of Welland - Effective April 3, 2018
- Practice Advisory Concerning Civil Long Motions in the Toronto Region - Effective April 3, 2018
- Extensive synopses of all rules and recent amendments
- Overview of recent developments that discusses all of the new amendments to the rules, related legislation, and Practice Directions
Over 300 new case annotations have been added to this edition, including:
- Douez v. Facebook, Inc. (2017 S.C.C.) (Courts of Justice Act, s. 106)
- Google Inc. v. Equustek Solutions Inc. (2017 S.C.C.) (Courts of Justice Act, s. 101; Rules of Civil Procedure, r. 17.03)
- Canada (Procureur général) c. Thouin (2017 S.C.C.) (Rules of Civil Procedure, r. 31.10)
- Québec (Directeur des poursuites criminelles et pénales) c. Jodoin (2017 S.C.C.) (Rules of Civil Procedure, r. 57.07)
- Steven Nowack v. 2363523 Ontario Inc. (2017 S.C.C.) (Rules of Civil Procedure, r. 60.11)
- Delta Air Lines Inc. v. Lukács (2018 S.C.C.) (Statutory Powers Procedure Act, ss. 5, 17)
- Wellman v. TELUS Communications Company (2017 Ont. C.A.) (Courts of Justice Act, s. 106)
- Airia Brands Inc. v. Air Canada (2017 Ont. C.A.) (Class proceedings Act, s.5)
- Presidential MSH Corp. v. Marr, Foster & Co. LLP (2017 Ont. C.A.) (Limitations Act, 2002, ss. 2,5)
- Trillium Motor World Ltd. v. Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP (2017 Ont. C.A.) (Rules of Civil Procedure, r.15.05)
- Butera v. Chown, Cairns LLP (2017 Ont. C.A.) (Rules of Civil Procedure, r.20.04)
- Bruff-Murphy v. Gunawardena (2017 Ont. C.A.) (Rules of Civil Procedure, r.53.03)
- Stokker v. Storoschuk (2018 Ont. C.A.) (Rules of Civil Procedure, r.48.11)
- Yaiguaje v. Chevron Corporation (2017 Ont. C.A.) (Rules of Civil Procedure, r.61.06)
ProView eBook version is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your computer, tablet, or smartphone. See all available titles