Outlines the key obligations for employers under The Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA, 2000) legislation.
The Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA, 2000) sets out the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees in Ontario workplaces. The standards outlined in the ESA, 2000 represent the minimum standards that employers must provide to their employees. The Ontario Employment Standards Act: Quick Reference focuses on the key obligations for employers under this broad piece of legislation.
NEW IN THIS EDITION
This edition includes information about major employment standards developments over the past 12 months, plus expanded sections, such as:
- An update on the new amendments under the new Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act, 2017 (also known as Bill 148).
- Amendments regarding changes to the minimum wage, including the scheduled increase to $15.00 per hour on January 1, 2019.
- An update on revisions to vacation pay entitlements.
- Amendments providing new entitlements for employees who work on-call or have regular shifts cancelled on short notice.
- Information on amendments affecting employees of temporary help agencies.
- An update on new paid and unpaid leave entitlements.
- Case law developments in 2017.
- Information on new powers to enforce the ESA, 2000 against non-compliant employers.