This must-have resource provides a comprehensive guide to the principles of assessment of real property, the relationship between assessment and property tax, property tax itself, as well as administrative law and other legal underpinnings that clarify this complex area of law.
- Practical examples to determine the value and equity of your client's investment
- The newest assessment practices, rules of procedure and regulations
- Current case law
- How new procedures work
- Practice before both the ARB and appeals therefrom
- A discussion on key changes in the taxation system
- Time-saving charts which make it easy to figure out the latest procedures for reconsideration, appeal, onus and the tribunal process
This book takes a unique approach discussing both law and valuation, and is updated regularly to focus on recent, significant changes to the legislation.
As part of the eReference Library, this product is also available in digital format through a web browser or can be downloaded to a desktop, laptop, iPad or Android tablet. Learn more.