The market-leading consolidated, annotated version of the federal Income Tax Act in Canada
Editor: David M. Sherman, B.A., LL.B., LL.M.
Practitioner's Income Tax Act (PITA) is the market-leading consolidated, annotated version of Canada's federal Income Tax Act and Regulations. More than any other published Income Tax Act, it's a comprehensive resource, with expert insights, detailed annotations and updated amendments – all in a portable, single-volume format. It also features extensive tax rate tables and the full text of the Canada-U.S. and Canada-U.K. tax treaties with detailed annotations and explanations.
- Enactment of S.C. 2018, c. 12 (Bill C-74, Royal Assent June 21, 2018): certain Budget 2018 tax measures and proposals of Sept. 8, 2017; Oct. 24, 2017; and Dec. 13, 2017
- Feb. 27, 2018 Federal Budget Notice of Ways and Means Motion: extensive proposed amendments and Budget Supplementary Information excerpts
- May 28, 2018 Finance news release/backgrounder: Multilateral Instrument in Respect of Tax Conventions Act (Bill C-82) (ITA s. 95)
- April 13, 2018 Finance news release and backgrounder: Canada Child Benefit (ITA 122.61(1))
- Promulgated regulations: 2014–2016 livestock deferrals (Reg. 7305.01), 2017 motor vehicle expenses and benefits (Reg. 7305.1)
- Feb. 6, 2018 Agriculture Canada news release: 2017 tax relief for livestock producers
- New Department of Finance comfort letters, Remission Orders, and government news releases indicating possible legislative amendments
Available in many other formats
Thomson Reuters ProView
The eBook edition of PITA is available on Thomson Reuters ProView, giving you access to your eBook across a variety of browsers and devices. Learn more at store.thomsonreuters.ca/proview
Call to order
Call us at 1-800-387-5164 to ask about any combination of the following formats, or learn more about the Practitioner's Income Tax Act at store.thomsonreuters.ca/pita.
- eCurrency updates and McCarthy Tétrault's CanadaTax Service Quick Reference Guide provided free to print customers requesting to be placed on standing order subscription (automatic shipment of new editions/supplements)