The market-leading consolidated, annotated version of the federal Income Tax Act in Canada
Editor: David M. Sherman, B.A., LL.B., LL.M.
Practitioner's Income Tax Act (PITA) is the market-leading consolidated, annotated version of Canada's federal Income Tax Act and Regulations. More than any other published Income Tax Act, it's a comprehensive resource, with expert insights, detailed annotations and updated amendments – all in a portable, single-volume format. It also features extensive tax rate tables and the full text of the Canada-U.S. and Canada-U.K. tax treaties with detailed annotations and explanations.
- Enactment of S.C. 2018, c. 27 (Bill C-86, Royal Assent Dec. 13, 2018): outstanding Budget 2018 tax measures and proposals of Sept. 14, 2018
- Jan. 15, 2019 draft legislation with respect to salary overpayments (including those made through the Phoenix pay system) (ITA 153(3.1))
- Nov. 21, 2018 Notice of Ways and Means Motion (Fall Economic Statement)
- July 27, 2018 draft legislation: certain measures not included in Bill C-86 (trusts — new reporting requirements)
- Promulgated regulations: Federal Crown Corporations (Reg. 7100)
- Sept. 14, 2018 and Oct. 31, 2018 Agriculture Canada news releases: 2018 tax relief for livestock producers (Reg. 7305.01)
- New Department of Finance comfort letters, Remission Orders, government news releases indicating possible legislative amendments
- Print + eCurrency
- Print + eCurrency + DVD
- Print + eCurrency + Thomson Reuters ProView
- Print + DVD + Thomson Reuters ProView
- Print + eCurrency + DVD + Thomson Reuters ProView
- Thomson Reuters ProView + eCurrency
- eCurrency updates and McCarthy Tétrault's Canada Tax Service Quick Reference Guide provided free to print customers requesting to be placed on standing order subscription (automatic shipment of new editions/supplements)
Thomson Reuters ProView
The eBook edition of PITA is available on Thomson Reuters ProView, giving you access to your eBook across a variety of browsers and devices. Learn more at store.thomsonreuters.ca/proview.
Call to order
Call us at 1-800-387-5164 to ask about any combination of the following formats, or learn more about the Practitioner's Income Tax Act at store.thomsonreuters.ca/pita.