Your trusted quick reference handbook for individual and business tax questions
The Premium Quickfinder Handbook is your trusted source for quick reference to tax principles that apply when preparing individual, business and fiduciary income, estate and gift, tax-exempt organization, and payroll tax returns. It covers the essentials of preparing these tax filings, including detailed, true-to-life examples with filled-in forms and line-by-line explanations, and addresses tax law changes and IRS developments, all in a concise, easy-to-use format.
Whether determining how the tax rules apply to a particular transaction or event, or how to report a particular tax item on the return, or simply looking up an amount or rate, the Handbook gets you the accurate answers you need quickly. Here’s what you’ll get with this useful tool:
- Material that’s organized in a unique tab structure based on the IRS tax forms plus topics you’ll encounter when preparing individual, business, fiduciary, estate and gift, tax-exempt, and payroll tax returns
- Loads of quick reference tables and charts to get you the answers you’re looking for quickly
- Examples throughout to illustrate how the tax rules apply and how to report items on the return
- A What’s New tab that summarizes significant current-year tax changes that are addressed throughout the Handbook so you can quickly get up to speed on what’s changed
- References throughout the Handbook to relevant Internal Revenue Code sections, IRS regulations and rulings, and court cases so you can dig deeper into a subject if needed
Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) coverage includes:
- Law Changes for C and S Corporations, Partnerships, Exempt Organizations, Estates and Trusts, and Payroll Forms Filers. The Handbook rounds up all the relevant changes and explains how to efficiently comply – saving you time and your clients tax dollars.
- New Rules for Deductions and Exemptions. Provides what you need to comply with the Form 1040 and Schedule A changes for exemptions and standard and itemized deductions, including mortgage interest and state and local tax deduction limits.
- QBI Deduction. Leads you through the complex calculations required to maximize the Section 199A deduction for Qualified Business Income (QBI), including applying the multiple limitations for different types of businesses.
- And Much More. It’s the most frequently needed TCJA coverage from the 1040 and Small Business Handbooks topically organized in a single resource.
* Prices subject to change without notice. Supplements may be billed separately. For more information, please call Customer Relations at 416-609-3800 (TORONTO & INTERNATIONAL Customers) / 1-800-387-5164 (Canadian and US Customers).