Scott and Reynolds on Surety Bonds
is the first Canadian book on the law of suretyship, an area of the law integrally related to the successful administration of construction contracts and central to the completion of most defaulted construction projects. This service represents a compendium of cases, as well as a well-organized study of the principles to be derived from the case law. The underwriting and claims processes are explained, giving the reader invaluable insight into the little-understood inner workings of the surety bonding industry. Contains in-depth material with respect to the common law, and as well, each substantive chapter includes a detailed study of the law of Quebec, including translations of portions of cases previously unavailable in English, in dealing with indemnities, bid-bonds, performance bonds, labour and material payments bonds, and liens bonds. Scott and Reynolds
also deals, of necessity, with a broad spectrum of general construction law and insolvency issues.
The accompanying CD-ROM
is a time-saving tool which helps the practitioner make the most of the authored precedents found in Appendix A
of the print publication. Each of the authored precedents is presented in a fillable format in Word. The CD-ROM
also includes selected provincial and federal legislation referenced in the work.
Get FREE eBook access with your looseleaf subscription(s)
This title has become a part of Thomson Reuters ProView™, which means you'll have eBook access to all the content as part of your looseleaf print subscription.
About Thomson Reuters ProView™
Not just any eReader, Thomson Reuters ProView is a free, professional-grade platform that gives you the freedom to work however, whenever, and wherever you want, with access to your Thomson Reuters eBooks online and offline.
With our ProView eBooks, you can:
- Access your eBook content through your choice of iPad, Android tablet, desktop app (Windows and Mac), or web login*
- Provide eBook access for an unlimited number of users at the same location, with your looseleaf subscription(s)
- Enjoy automatically integrated product updates, with your looseleaf subscription(s)
- Access your entire ProView library with one username and password
- Create a PDF that you can save, print, add your notes, and share
- Link out to full-text cases in WestlawNext® Canada or in Taxnet Pro® (available with subscriptions to WestlawNext Canada or Taxnet Pro)
- Register up to four different devices to your ProView account to access your library
- Sync all your notes, highlights and bookmarks, across all devices you registered with your ProView account
- Automatically transfer all of your notes, highlights and bookmarks, to updated editions and contents
For the entire range of titles offered as Thomson Reuters ProView eBooks, or for more information on Thomson Reuters ProView:
*Certain features and functionalities may not be available to ProView users accessing looseleaf eBooks in an IP authentication environment.
iPad and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corp.