Sealy & Milman: Annotated Guide to the Insolvency Legislation is widely regarded as the definitive work for those advising on insolvency law and is regularly cited in court. This annual handbook in two volumes provides annotated commentary and clarification on the legal and practical implications of the latest insolvency legislation, whether in Acts of Parliament, Statutory Instruments, or relevant Practice Directions, and on the relevant case law.
- Provides clear, annotated commentary and clarification on the legal and practical implications of current insolvency legislation
- Incorporates both corporate and personal insolvency law
- Reproduces additional statutes and regulations so that all the information needed is in one reliable source
- Volume 1 contains in-depth explanations on the main core legislation, including the Insolvency Act 1986 and the Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016 as amended
- Volume 2 features the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986, the recast EU Regulation on Insolvency Proceedings 2015/848 and the Cross-Border Insolvency Regulations 2006. It also includes the text, in whole or part, of 31 Acts, over 58 Statutory Instruments and a number of practice directions
Key case law changes in the 22nd Edition
- Discussion of recent case law in the bankruptcy field such as Blavo v Law Society and Lock v Aylesbury Vale DC.
- Consideration of informative rulings on the Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016, including (but not limited to) Cash Generator Ltd v Fortune, Re Towcester Racecourse Co Ltd, and Re Spaces London Bridge Ltd.
- Enhanced treatment of recent case law on administration to reflect important decisions of the last 12 months e.g.: Davey v Money and In Re Pritchard Stockbrokers Ltd
- Considers case discussion on economic torts and IP duties (an emerging trend)
Key legislative developments in the 22nd Edition
- Replacement of the Insolvency (Scotland) Rules 1986 by the Insolvency (Scotland) (Company Voluntary Arrangements and Administration) Rules 2018 (SI 2018/1082) and the Insolvency (Scotland) Receivership and Winding Up Rules 2018 (SSI 2018/347). These are prefaced by a new introduction by leading Scottish insolvency academic Donna McKenzie-Skene
- Reissued Practice Direction: Insolvency Proceedings  B.C.C. 421
- Includes the unannotated Insolvency (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2018 (SI 2019/146) in Vol 2 in case the UK leaves the EU sooner than anticipated
* Prices subject to change without notice. Supplements may be billed separately. For more information, please call Customer Relations at 416-609-3800 (TORONTO & INTERNATIONAL Customers) / 1-800-387-5164 (Canadian and US Customers).