Keep up with the latest legislation with The 2019-2020 Annotated Ontario Personal Property Security Act
Now published twice per year, the new edition of this portable guide features the fully updated text of the Ontario Personal Property Security Act and Regulations, section-by-section commentary, all significant reported and unreported court decisions, detailed cross-references, and a new table of concordance. The 2019-2020 Annotated Ontario Personal Property Security Act does more than provide the current version of the black letter law. You are also given the necessary tools to help you immediately grasp the intricacies of the Ontario regime.
New in this edition
- Westboro v. Co-operators, 2018 CarswellOnt 19294 (Ont. S.C.J.): there was a distinct cause of action arising from the plaintiff's interest in the insurance proceeds beyond the physical building which required a fuller evidentiary record and more comprehensive submissions.
- General Motors v. Trillium Motor World Ltd., 2019 CarswellOnt 764 (Ont. S.C.J.): a first charge created by s. 32(3) of the Class Proceedings Act, was interpreted by the court to be akin to a solicitor’s lien.
- The Guarantee Company of North America v Royal Bank of Canada, 2019 CarswellOnt 300 (Ont. C.A.): that the statutory trust created by the CLA satisfied the requirements to create a trust under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act.
- Blue Hill Excavating Inc v Canadian Western Bank Leasing Inc., 2019 CarswellSask 101 (Sask. C.A.): there was appropriate evidence before the Chambers judge to make a fair determination summarily.
- Kobi’s Auto Ltd. v. 5174245 Manitoba Ltd., 2018 CarswellMan 571 (Man. C.A.): trial judge erred in holding that the plaintiff was only entitled to notice of sale as a security holder under s. 11 of the Garage Keepers Act.
The ProView eBook version is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your computer, tablet, or smartphone. See all available titles store.thomsonreuters.ca/ebook