Approximately 350 pages
1 volume bound
Can We Help?
If you need assistance, please call us at (416) 609-3800 (Toronto & international) / 1-800-387-5164 (toll free Canada & US).
We will be glad to assist you.
The Law of Dependants' Relief in Canada, 2nd Edition
Of interest to wills and estates and family law practitioners alike, this concise guide provides a complete analysis and review of the law pertaining to the variation of wills and family relief legislation across Canada. The authors examine both the substantive considerations and the practical components of litigation necessary to make a successful claim for dependants’ relief.
Topics discussed in this book include:
• who can apply for relief
• what bars exist to an application for relief
• “contracting out” - where and when an application is appropriate
• possible evidentiary issues that could arise in the course of an application
• the nature and effort of the orders available
• considerations on appeal.
The text is a treatise, dealing with all leading cases in each jurisdiction. It contains the only comprehensive, detailed analysis of post-Tataryn cases across Canada. In addition, a comprehensive table of applicable legislation is included.