The work is a comprehensive treatment of the various topics that fall under the ambit of domestic violence. This excellent work includes discussion of the complex intersection of family law, civil law and criminal law in cases of domestic violence, balancing substantive law and the practice of law. Carefully researched and written, this work provides an exhaustive background in the area, as well as the tools to assist the legal or social work professional in competently meeting the needs of parties in cases involving domestic violence. The work addresses topics of interest to criminal lawyers, both defence counsel and Crown attorneys, including evidentiary issues in criminal proceedings, common offences such as assault, uttering threats, stalking, and defences advanced such as self-defence and provocation. This is the only work of its kind dedicated to the law of domestic violence in Canada. No other work outfits the practitioner with the tools necessary to advise clients in a matter that transcends many areas of practice.
Get FREE eBook access with your looseleaf subscription(s) This title has become a part of Thomson Reuters ProView™, which means you'll have eBook access to all the content as part of your looseleaf print subscription. About Thomson Reuters ProView™ Not just any eReader, Thomson Reuters ProView is a free, professional-grade platform that gives you the freedom to work however, whenever, and wherever you want, with access to your Thomson Reuters eBooks online and offline. With our ProView eBooks, you can:
- Access your eBook content through your choice of iPad, Android tablet, desktop app (Windows and Mac), or web login*
- Provide eBook access for an unlimited number of users at the same location, with your looseleaf subscription(s)
- Enjoy automatically integrated product updates, with your looseleaf subscription(s)
- Access your entire ProView library with one username and password
- Create a PDF that you can save, print, add your notes, and share
- Link out to full-text cases in WestlawNext® Canada or in Taxnet Pro® (available with subscriptions to WestlawNext Canada or Taxnet Pro)
- Register up to four different devices to your ProView account to access your library
- Sync all your notes, highlights and bookmarks, across all devices you registered with your ProView account
- Automatically transfer all of your notes, highlights and bookmarks, to updated editions and contents
For the entire range of titles offered as Thomson Reuters ProView eBooks, or for more information on Thomson Reuters ProView: Visit www.carswell.com/products/thomson-reuters-proview *Certain features and functionalities may not be available to ProView users accessing looseleaf eBooks in an IP authentication environment. iPad and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corp.