If you are on the frontlines of employee discipline and discharge, the ability to recognize problems that are not always obvious and knowing how to respond is essential.
See workplace incidents through the eyes of an experienced expert and learn the best way to address potential and existing workplace problems.
Howard Levitt is Canada’s most prominent labour and employment lawyer, and a weekly columnist for the National Post. Using real-world examples that are often based on his own clients, he discusses a broad range of employment-related topics, and shows the many ways workplace incidents can become serious problems.
War Stories from the Workplace: Columns by Howard Levitt is organized into chapters based on broad subjects:
- Absenteeism and Sick Leaves
- Benefits, Breaks, Pay, Overtime, and Bonuses
- Dismissal, Resignation, and Retirement
- Employment Contracts and Human Resources
- FAQs and Miscellaneous
- Human Rights
- Jian Ghomeshi
- Privacy and Freedom of Expression
- Restrictive Covenants, Fiduciary Duties, and Post-Termination
- Unionized Workplaces
- Violence and Harassment in the Workplace