Youth Criminal Justice Act Manual
offers a condensed, annotated, critical analysis of major youth topics in the YCJA.
Inside find flow charts, overviews and a sequential learning system that helps you quickly understand the law and develop practical, detailed positions efficiently and convincingly.
- A review of the specialized features of youth justice – such as conferencing, extrajudicial measures and sanctions, referral to youth protection agencies and restrictions on detention at a bail hearing
- An analysis of adult sentence provisions
- A detailed review of custody and supervision
- A consideration of the 19 sentence options
- A thorough explanation of the four custody restrictions under s. 39(1)
- Discussion of the purposes of sentencing and s. 38 factors - and more!
Access precedent-setting authorities including three recent ground breaking Supreme Court decisions on, "violent offence", "deterrence", and "the reverse onus for presumptive offences."
Available electronically on CriminalSource
Thomson Reuters ProView™
The eBook version of this publication is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your desktop or laptop (Windows and Mac), iPad, or Android tablet.
to learn more and to see the complete collection of ProView.