Editor and contributing author: Robert M. Halpern
Other contributing authors: Jeffrey I. Cohen, Violet A. French, B.D. Mulroney, M. Susan Murphy, Ann Elise Alexander, Sabina Mexis, Irit Gertzbein, Risa Awerbuck, Stephen Landau, Lorn Kutner, Silvia Jacinto and Joe Dickstein
This looseleaf service is expertly designed to assist the professional advising the family-owned business in legal matters. It explores the main stages in the life of the business from its start-up to its operation and any alterations in its structure and/or participants. Inside find valuable legal insight and expertise on:
- Use of trusts in a family-owned business
- Tax issues to consider in forming a new trust
- Putting different children in different roles
- Estate freezes
- Incapacity planning
- Use of personal or family holding companies
- Iintergenerational gifts or bequests
- Different types of insurance and their purposes, and more!
No other available publication offers such a spectrum of legal information for the family-owned business.