WestlawNext® Canada IPSource
® is a powerful, yet easy-to-use, currency and research solution designed specially for Canadian intellectual property practitioners. IPSource features unprecedented depth and breadth of coverage with access to global resources to quickly and cost-effectively stay current and research points of law and related materials for patent, trademark and copyright issues. Staying ahead of the curve is important to your practice, with the monthly newsletter and currency features of IPSource, it's never been easier to do just that!
- The Canadian Patent Reporter, including all series, with selection and headnotes in the Fourth Series by Glen Bloom of Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt in association with a board of Editors from Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt and the University of Ottawa Law School
- Consolidated Intellectual Property Statutes and Regulations with Related Materials edited by Kevin LaRoche, Anne Kinsman, and Gordon Zimmerman of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP in a single, searchable format
- Consolidated Electronic Commerce Statutes and Regulations with Related Materials edited by Bradley Freedman and Douglas Copland of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP in a single, searchable format
- Carswell's complete intellectual property case law collection, including The Canadian Abridgment
Both of the highly respected Robic annotations:
Current awareness tools
- Canadian Copyright Act - Annotated Robic, by Laurent Carrière of Robic
- Canadian Trade-marks Act - Annotated Robic, by Hugues G. Richard of Robic
Timely commentary by experts, including analysis of current developments and highlights of important new case law, legislation and policy. IPSource's current awareness tools include:
- Dimock Stratton's Intellectual Property Law Newsletter, published bi-monthly.
- Mann's Technology Newsletter, published bi-monthly.
- Journal articles from Carswell's Intellectual Property Journal (from 1997) and from the University of Ottawa Law & Technology Journal (from 2003).
- Fox on Canadian Law of Copyright and Industrial Design, 4th Edition, by John S. McKeown
- Fox on the Canadian Law of Trade-marks and Unfair Competition, 4th Edition, by R. Scott Jolliffe and A. Kelly Gill
- Intellectual Property Disputes: Resolutions and Remedies, edited by Ronald E. Dimock
- Sookman: Computer, Internet, and Electronic Commerce Law, by Barry B. Sookman
- Information and Technology Law, edited by: J. Fraser Mann, published bi-monthly.
Optional Content from International Sources
- Odutola on Canadian Trade-marks Practice, by Bayo Odutola and Sylvie Emanuelle Bourbonnais
- Technology Contracting: Law, Precedents, and Commentary by Bradley Limpert
What's in IPSource®
- International content includes: Thomson Reuter's Delphion patent intelligence and tools and Derwent, the world's leading patent and scientific information service; West's, wide array of patent products, including Patents Plus; and CompuMark's TRADEMARKSCAN trademark screening tools.