British Columbia Supreme Court Rules Annotated 2020 + CD
Table of contents
Table of content not available at this time
Details and specs:
Stay current on the Supreme Court Civil Rules in British Columbia
Digests prepared by OnPoint Legal Research
British Columbia Supreme Court Rules Annotated provides you with valuable insights on how to navigate the Supreme Court Civil Rules. It includes the critical information that will help you apply the rules of civil procedure effectively:
- Full text of the B.C. Supreme Court Rules, Forms, and Appendices
- Expert commentary and case annotations for the B.C. Supreme Court Rules
- Table of Substantially Unchanged Rules summarizing the pre-2010 rules that remain substantially unchanged
- A Civil Rules Concordance that matches every previous 2009 rule with the closest new rule and identifies the relevant changes to each rule
- Up-to-date information reflecting all amendments to the Rules
- Supreme Court Family Rules, Forms, and Appendices
- Court of Appeal, Rules, Forms, and Appendices
- Other pertinent Acts, including Class Proceedings Act, Court Jurisdiction and Proceedings, Transfer Act, Court of Appeal Act, Court Order Interest Act, Evidence Act, and Interpretation Act
This publication features content that gives you insight into every issue:
- Expert commentary and case annotations for the BC Supreme Court Rules
- Thousands of reported and unreported decisions
- Detailed case law digests that give you the precise information you need to decide if and how the case is relevant
- Convenient CD-ROM that contains the complete text of the book and fillable forms you can customize for any situation
British Columbia Supreme Court Rules 2019 is electronically supplemented for all standing order subscribers on a monthly basis upon request, at no extra charge. British Columbia Civil Practice Advisor is derived from the decisions published in Carswell Practice Cases. It is designed to keep you current and up to date on all significant topics, decisions, and changes with monthly emails.
New in this edition
This edition is current to B.C. Reg. 87/2018 (April 24, 2018).
All amendments to the rules, including amendments to the Supreme Court Civil Rules up to and including B.C. Reg. 162/2016, amendments to the Supreme Court Family Rules up to and including B.C. Reg. 4/2016, and amendments to the Court of Appeal Rules up to and including B.C. Reg. 6/2016.
All amendments to legislation, including amendments to the Evidence Act, R.S.B.C. 1996, c. 124 (as amended by S.B.C. 2017, c. 15, s. 17); the Interpretation Act, R.S.B.C. 1996, c. 238 (as amended by S.B.C. 2017, c.10, s. 60 (Sched. 1, item 5), s. 61 (Sched. 2, item 6)); and the Class Proceedings Act, R.S.B.C. 1996, c. 50 (as amended by S.B.C. c. 16).
Annotations reflecting all recent developments. Cases added to the annotations include:
- Rule 1-2 – The Owners, Strata Plan KAS 2428 v. Baettig, 2017 BCCA 377, 2017 CarswellBC 3010 (C.A.)
- Rule 3-8 – Bassi v. Bassi, 2013 BCSC 284, 2013 CarswellBC 466 (S.C.); varied 2013 BCCA 422, 2013 CarswellBC 296 (C.A.)
- Rule 7-1(6) – Iser (Committee of) v. Canada (Attorney-General), 2016 BCSC 985, 2016 CarswellBC 1481(SC); aff’d 2017 BCCA 393, 2017 CarswellBC 3213
- Rule 8-4(1) – Kriegman v. Dill, 2018 BCCA 86, 2018 CarswellBC 539 (C.A.)
- Rule 9-5(1)(a) – EY Holdings Ltd. v. Great Pacific Mortgage & Investments Ltd., 2017 BCCA 405, 2017 CarswellBC 3236 (C.A.)
- Rule 11-2 – Isbister v. Delong, 2017 BCCA 340, 2017 CarswellBC 273 (C.A.).
- Rule 12-6(3)(b) – Trial Lawyers Assn. of British Columbia v. British Columbia (Attorney-General), 2016 BCSC 1391, 2016 CarswellBC 2082 (S.C.); aff’d 2017 BCCA 324, 2017 CarswellBC 2497 (C.A.)
- Rule 14-1(10) – Zhang v. Cute-Go Novelty Inc., 2016 BCSC 638, 2016 CarswellBC 949 (SC); aff’d 2016 BCCA 451, 2016 CarswellBC 3195 (C.A.)
- Rule 16-1 Commentary – British Columbia (Milk Marketing Board) v. Saputo Products Canada G.P., 2017 BCCA 247, 2017 CarswellBC 1717 (C.A.).
- Rule 19-3 – Kriegman v. Dill, 2018 BCCA 86, 2018 CarswellBC 539 (CA)
- Rule 22-1(7)(d) – British Columbia (Milk Marketing Board) v. Saputo Products Canada G.P., 2017 BCCA 247, 2017 CarswellBC 1717 (C.A.)
All Practice Directions and Administrative Notices that have been issued or updated since the last edition include: the addition of AN-15 Administrative Notice Emergency After-Hours Applications in Vancouver – Civil and Family; updates to the Model Receivership Order; updates to the Policy on Use of Electronic Devices in Courtrooms; the update of Consent Orders (Civil Practice Directive); the and update of Publication Bans and Sealing Orders.
Est Cost:Annual volumes supplied on standing order subscription
- Practice Area:
- Civil Procedure
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Not available
- Shelf Space:
- Not available
- Not available
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- Not available
- eBook Specifications