Canadian Citizenship and Immigration Inadmissibility Law, 2nd Edition (Print + ProView online)
Table of contents
Table of content not available at this time
Details and specs:
With foreword by The Honourable Mr. Justice Frank Iacobucci, C.C., Q.C.
Contributor: Louie R. Genova
Canadian Citizenship and Immigration Inadmissibility, 2nd Edition is the only resource that provides focused guidance on the rapidly expanding area of inadmissibility law. A practical and tactical guide that combines, summarizes and analyzes hundreds of decisions and key legislation, Canadian Citizenship and Immigration Inadmissibility, 2nd Edition speaks in practical terms to the key statutory framework, emerging trends, relevant leading case law and offers practical tips and key memoranda and sample submissions.
This publication includes:
- Comprehensive analyses of the statutory framework for criminal inadmissibility, misrepresentation (including the new Labour Market Impact Assessment Compliance regime), medical inadmissibility, financial inadmissibility, IRPA offences and removal orders, and of its often sudden and frequent developments
- A comprehensive and detailed analysis of the distinct treatment and consequences of inadmissibility on citizens, permanent residents, protected persons, and foreign nationals
- An overview of remedies, including rehabilitation applications, deemed rehabilitation applications, record suspensions (pardons), humanitarian and compassionate applications, medical mitigation plans, and temporary resident permit applications
- Discussion of detention and release, appeals, equivalency defences, judicial reviews, and stays under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Case law annotations
- Detailed annotated precedents based on cases
- An invaluable commentary that goes beyond a recitation and analysis of the law to file management tips that are key to competitiveness, competency and ethical and effective practice management.
New in this Edition
This new edition has been updated and expanded to include four new chapters discussing the law on misrepresentation (including the new Labour Market Impact Assessment Compliance regime); medical inadmissibility; financial inadmissibility; and collateral consequences.
As part of the eReference Library, this product is also available in digital format through a web browser or can be downloaded to a desktop, laptop, iPad or Android tablet. Learn more.
Est Cost:$400 per supplement (3-5 per year). Supplements invoiced separately.
- Practice Area:
- Immigration and Naturalization Law
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications