Supreme Court of Canada Practice 2019
Table of contents
Table of content not available at this time
Details and specs:
Supreme Court of Canada Practice 2019 is the essential guide for practice before the Supreme Court of Canada
Founding author: Henry S. Brown, Q.C.
This complete and portable work is the essential guide for practice before the Supreme Court of Canada. In this newly released edition, Supreme Court of Canada Practice 2019 brings you up to date on changes to the rules and practice before the court, describes these changes in depth and provides comprehensive background and context behind them.
Practice Advisor: Bonus Offer to Standing Order Subscribers
Practice Advisor is derived from the decisions published in Carswell Practice Cases. It is designed to keep you current and up to date on all significant topics, decisions, and changes that pertain to civil litigation in Canada including: a cumulative report of all changes that have occurred since the book was published, and a separate currency report of changes since the last Practice Advisor issued. Delivered in quarterly electronic supplements, this resource is exclusively available, free of charge, to standing order subscribers, upon request.
New in this edition
All of the supplementary legislation has been updated to Canada Gazette Vol. 153:3 (February 6, 2019).
Rules Amending the Supreme Court of Canada Rules as set out in SOR/2019-1 are included in this edition. These amendments are generally technical, not substantive, and build on the more substantial amendments that were introduced in January 2017. In many cases, these recent amendments reflect the parties’ experience with and regularize the practices that parties and their agents have adopted under the Rules that came into force in 2017.
Commentary and Procedural Charts have been updated to reflect changes to the rules and new case law.
The Guidelines for Preparing Documents to be Filed with the Supreme Court of Canada (Print and Electronic) were revised and the updated version has been included in this edition. The Notices to the Profession section has also been updated.
Forms were also updated and amended.
Annotations have been updated to reflect all recent developments. Cases added to the Annotations include:
- Supreme Court Rules
- Rule 6 - Keatley Surveying Ltd. v. Teranet Inc. (Doc. 37863)
- Rule 6- Bell Canada et al. v. Attorney General of Canada (January 24, 2018) Doc. 37896
- Rule 20 - Randy Jalava v. Terry Webster and Plane Café Inc. (Doc. 38119)
- Rule 85 - Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters et al. v. Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry et al. (37773)
- Rule 92 - Minister of Citizenship and Immigration v. Alexander Vavilov (37748)
- Rule 92 – Bell Canada et al. v. Attorney General of Canada (37896)
- Rule 92 - National Football League et al. v. Attorney General of Canada (37897)
- Supreme Court Act
- s. 40 - R. v. Comeau, 2018 SCC 15
- s. 43 - Michael Dwight Allen, et al. v. Her Majesty the Queen, Doc. 36552
- s. 65.1 - Provincial Court Judges’ Association of British Columbia v. British Columbia (Attorney General), 2018 BCCA 477
- s. 65.1 - Thunder Bay (City) v. Canadian National Railway Company, 2018 ONCA 919
- s. 65.1 - Bessette v. British Columbia (Attorney General), 2018 BCCA 59
Est Cost:Annual volumes supplied on standing order subscription
- Practice Area:
- Civil Procedure
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications