Watts Manual of Criminal Jury Instructions, Second Edition CD
Table of contents
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
Watt's Manual of Criminal Jury Instructions, Second Edition + CD provides expert, practical direction for developing jury instructions.
Written by a leading criminal law jurist, author, and lecturer, this work provides expert, practical direction for developing proposed instructions and equips you with the knowledge you need to object to opposing counsel's proposed instructions.
Since it was first published, this groundbreaking work has been assisting not only defense and crown counsel in recommending appropriate jury instructions for their cases, but also trial judges with composing the required instructions. For each stage of the proceedings, the book provides the suggested wording and discussion of the instruction, setting it into the overall context of the trial.
This work delivers a unique combination of instructions, commentary, insight, directions, and references to help you fully understand key aspects of the different kinds of jury instructions required in criminal cases. Written in clear and concise language and presented in an easy-to-follow format in order of each stage of the criminal trial proceedings, this publication includes:
- The Ontario Specimen Jury Instructions (Criminal), including the latest revisions.
- Decision Trees: Step-by-step directions and what flows from each decision, to help direct your course of action.
- Notes on Use: Expert author commentary that reviews the origins, contents, and purpose of each instruction and the circumstances in which the instructions should or should not be used.
- Jury instruction checklist: To help make sure that all issues have been covered.
- Tips on how to suggest modifications to the instructions, to accommodate the individual circumstances of the case being tried.
- Related References: Other instructions and sources of information, including cross references to Watt's Manual of Criminal Evidence.
New in this edition
Continuing the standard of excellence set by the original edition, the new second edition of Watt's Manual of Criminal Jury Instructions thoroughly reviews and updates all the significant developments in jurisprudence and legislation, including:
- Preliminary, mid-trial, and final instructions have been fully reviewed, updated, and new instructions added.
- Up-to-date case digests to assist in customizing instructions to fit evidence at trial.
- CD-ROM providing access to full text of cases and Jury Instruction Forms.
- Practice Area:
- Criminal Law and Procedure
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications