Wiretapping and Other Electronic Surveillance: Law and Procedure (Print & ProView)
Table of contents
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
Wiretapping and Other Electronic Surveillance: Law and Procedure is the only resource providing a balanced look at electronic surveillance from the perspectives of both the prosecution and defence. This resource is the most practical and indispensable guide to electronic surveillance and the law of search and seizure in Canada since the Charter. It imparts a detailed overview and analysis of the issues and includes commentary on relevant cases and legislation pertaining to eslectronic Surveillance.
Each chapter deals comprehensively with a self-contained topic, preceded by an outline of the contents, making it an easy reference point for reviewing individual surveillance concerns.
You will find information on the following inside
- The constitutional framework of electronic surveillance and the Charter
- The impact of the Anti-Terrorism Act on wiretapping
- Wiretap authorizations and affidavits
- Crown and defence trial strategies
- Conducting Garofoli applications
- Privacy and the internet
- Foreign language interceptions
- Affiants, informants, sub-affiants, and confidential informers
- The investigative necessity requirements of § 186 (l)(b)
- Translating documents
- The impact of the Department of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Act
Supplements invoiced separately.
About Thomson Reuters ProView
ProView is the way to read Thomson Reuters eBooks and eLooseleafs, published primarily for legal, accounting, human resources, and tax professions. You can download the ProView app at no cost for your tablet or computer, or sign in to the cloud-based version. Synced to the cloud, ProView lets you switch devices while keeping place in your research. You can also access your downloaded eBooks offline, and any notes you take will be saved and synced the next time you connect.
- Practice Area:
- Criminal law & procedure
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications