Understand how the Ontario Family Law Rules function with McLeod's Ontario Family Law Rules Annotated
Exhaustive in its commentary and case summaries, McLeod's Ontario Family Law Rules Annotated offers the perspectives of experts in the field of family law. A respected family law judge and two seasoned family law lawyers continue the work begun by the preeminent Professor James McLeod. Glenda McLeod, Don Kilpatrick, and Justice Barry Tobin share their expertise and unique perspective to give you a solid understanding of Ontario's Family Law Rules and how they function in the real world of family law.
McLeod's Ontario Family Law Rules Annotated is a portable reference to the Family Law Rules, forms under the Rules, and is a valuable asset to any family law practice. Helpful finding tools include a detailed table of contents and index, tabs, a flowchart displaying procedural steps, and a list of contact information for all Courts where the Family Law Rules apply. All relevant reported and even unreported cases are discussed in detail.
New in this edition
The 2018-2019 edition of McLeod's Ontario Family Law Rules Annotated features authoritative section-by-section commentary and discussion of the significant cases in the past year.
Updated Rules include:
- O. Reg. 298/18, ss. 1, 3(2), (4)-(6), 5-9, 11, 12(6), 13, 15, 17, 18, 20-22, 23(1), (2)
- O. Reg. 298/18, ss. 4,10,12(1)-(5),14,23(3),(4)
- O. Reg. 298/18 (except ss. 1, 3(2), (4)-(6), 5-9, 11, 12(6), 13, 15, 17, 18, 20-22, 23(1), (2))
- O. Reg. 385/18
Updated Forms include:
- Form 36A
- Form 17
- Form 14, 14C
- Forms 8B, 8B.1, 8B.2, 8C, 8D, 8D.2, 8D.3, 10
Case Law Updates include:
- Crichton v. Sherban, 2018 ONSC 27, 2018 CarswellOnt 7 (Ont. S.C.J.)
- Johnson v. Acton, 2018 ONSC 1117, 2018 CarswellOnt 2312 (Ont. S.C.J.)
- Pinnell v. Pinnell, 2017 ONSC 7031, 2017 CarswellOnt 18671 (Ont. S.C.J.)