Alberta Rules of Court Annotated 2021 CD (Print & Proview)
Table of contents
Table of content not available at this time
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
Alberta Rules of Court Annotated 2021 is a unique collection of all the rules of civil procedure you need to practice before every court in Alberta. Selected and significant case law aid your understanding of the rules, and pinpoint references to quoted pages help ensure efficiency.
This invaluable reference tool contains the full text of all the rules, as amended, that govern procedure in Alberta courts. Includes direct quotations from all significant decisions that interpret or apply the rules; practice directions issued by the court; cross-references to related rules; comprehensive index; and a CD-ROM containing the fillable forms.
Also includes the Alberta Civil Practice Advisor (available upon request), a monthly email supplement of key practice cases, free with a standing order subscription.
New in this edition
This new edition contains updates and reports on numerous new developments, rule changes and jurisprudence in the Court.
Updates to legislation include:
Legislation updated to Alberta Gazette vol. 116:06 (March 31, 2020)
Alberta rules of Court, Alta. Reg. 124/2010 as amended by Alta. Reg. 156/2019
The Surrogate Rules, Alta. Reg. 130/95 as amended by Alta. Reg. 156/2019
Practice Notes and Notices to the Profession have been added and/or updated
Updated commentary and case law:
Court of Appeal Cases
- Fitzpatrick v. College of Physical Therapists of Alberta 2020 ABCA 88 (Rule 2.31) After the appeal date was set, the appellants counsel sought leave to withdraw for non-payment of their account; the court considered what factors need to be looked at in considering this application.
- Rudichuk v. Genesis Land Development Corp. 2020 ABCA 42 (Rule 3.68) – In this case, the court considered the issue of when a remedy other than a summary judgment application or a motion to strike might be preferable.
- CWC Well Services Corp. v. Option Industries Inc. 2019 ABCA 331 (Rule 4.33) The Court considered the court's discretion in a R. 4.33 application.
Queen's Bench Cases
- Conoco Phillips Canada Operations Ltd. v. 1835651 Alberta Ltd. , 2020 ABQB 14 (Master) (Rule 4.22) – In this case the court was considering the issue of security for payment of costs when the plaintiff is a corporation.
- Xpress Lube & Car Wash Ltd. v. Gill 2019 ABQB 898 (Rule 4.33) – Measure time from the filing date of the dismissal application.
- Pembina Pipeline Corporation v. Coney , 2019 ABQB 699 (Rule 5.19) – The court discussed the applicable considerations in an application to limit the number of witnesses to be questioned.
The ProView eBook version is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Practice Area:
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications